Forum Title: Old Kitchen Sink Clean-Out Replacement
There is cast iron under a kitchen sink. How do I get out the chunk that looks to be melted into lead to replace with PVC? Thanks
Category: Plumber Post By: KATIE CONTRERAS (Kenner, LA), 02/23/2016

Cut the cast-iron off just behind the hub and use a banded coupling to go to PVC.

- CONSTANCE HALE (Tulare, CA), 09/07/2017

Post a picture.

- BEVERLY DIAZ (Springfield, IL), 09/10/2017

Sorry, I tried yesterday. I will just supply the link to the picture. I have heard that the old way was a bunch of lead was melted in the collar but this pipe is so old I don't think I can pull it out. I was thinking about cutting it off above the collar and cleaning it up and using a neoprene pipe adapter to go from the cast iron to pvc? Thanks,

- NINA HARDY (Maricopa, AZ), 09/21/2017

Helpful Links, Guidance & Tips For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779